Dear stallholder or exhibitor,
To ensure our events run smoothly and safely you must comply with the following:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Insurance cover is not essential for stallholders who are not selling food or anything mechanical, but at least £1million Public & Products Liability cover is recommended.
- Stallholders selling food/drink must have at least £5million Public & Products Liability Insurance.
- They must also have a valid Hygiene Certificate.
- Other general stallholders must have at least £2million Public & Products Liability Insurance.
- Owners of stationary engines must have at least £5million Public Liability Insurance cover.
- Owners of steam engines of any form must have at least £5million Public Liability Insurance cover and a current Boiler Certificate.
- Owners of classic vehicle should check with their insurers. Some classic vehicle insurance policies provide automatic cover for the static display of the insured vehicle
.Applications must be received at least 5 weeks prior to event date in order to allow enough time to process applications and send out gate passes. Gate passes will not be left at gate for collection on the day.
- We are unable to offer internal pitches within the museum building
- We can offer only three charity pitches per Event.
- Stalls & Exhibitors must be appropriate to the Event, e.g. exhibitors for the American Car Show should have an American theme.
- The directions & instructions of the event marshals must be obeyed at all times.
- Gates will open at 7.30am and exhibitors should be set up by 9.45am.
- Exhibitors arriving after 10am may be refused entry and redirected to public car parks.
- To ensure public safety, exhibitors are requested to remain on site until 4pm. In exceptional cases please contact a marshal to escort you off-site.
- To ensure public safety, exhibitors’ vehicles in the museum yard must not cross the railway tracks between 10am and 4.30pm unless accompanied by a marshal.
- Exhibitors must display admission passes on their vehicle. In the case of club entries, the lead vehicle should display the pass. Clubs should try to arrive together.
- Exhibitor passes are valid for the driver and one passenger. (Children under 16 admitted free).
- All vehicles are restricted to 5 mph on the show ground.
- Food and refreshment vendors must provide documentary evidence of a valid hygiene certificate.
- Exhibitors and visitors must stay within the designated areas and not trespass onto adjacent Essex and Suffolk Water property or farmland.
- Children must be supervised at all times. The river is deep and can be dangerous.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead and any mess cleaned up.
- Litter must be bagged and placed in the bins provided. No rubbish or waste is to be thrown in the river.
- Drip trays must be used under machinery if there is a possibility of oil spillage.
- Running machinery must be protected by a barrier and not left unattended.
- Persons are admitted to the show ground/ museum at their own risk. The Museum and its staff will make every effort to ensure safety and security but will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury, howsoever caused.
Thank you for your co-operation and participation, which raises funds for the Museum of Power - a registered charity.
Entry to the museum is free during the show and we invite you to take the opportunity to visit.